There are 5 main types of poker player and I will list the characteristics of each in this part of my poker help files series. If you want to pick out your online poker opponent at the table you can use these 5 categories to quickly narrow down whoever it is and how to play against them.
The types of poker players:
- Tight-Passive:These guys are not very involved in the games they play. They will fold quite often and when they play a hand they play it aggressively.
- Loose-Passive:These are the players that tend to call in every way and can be quite annoying when you have a big hand. They will try to steal blinds and antes but they can be pushed off the hand with a big raise or 3bet.
- Loose-Aggressive:These are the players that will play a lot of hands, even those that aren’t very profitable. They can be unpredictable and at the same time can play some really poor hands like medium pairs and two pairs as well, when the time is right.
- Tight-Aggressive:These players are very difficult to play against as they keep on raising and betting pre-flop and on the flop. They mainly play hands that are in the premium sector of the game or the high pocket pairs. When they play a hand they tend to bet aggressively trying to steal the pot.
If you have identified a player type when you sit down at a table you can open up your game a bit more and start playing more hands which are more profitable for you. Now, it won’t be so easy to steal the blinds with pocket 10’s… but that’s just a bit of a reality check when it comes to stealing the blinds at micro stakes.
Stealing the Blinds at micro stakes is all about knowing what type of players are sitting on your table and then using the ideal poker strategy to take advantage of your opponent’s weaknesses.
identified your opponent’s playing style… you now have 1 in 10.7% of winning successfully when you open your game up a little more and you’ll be at the same winning percentage when you close it down.
Micro Stakes NL Hold Em Poker Tips on Playing Your Opponents #4
Tip To Win More Money
- You’ll find that playing a weak ace, a mid pocket pair, or a suited connect card is a great way to win more chips at the micro stakes level.
- When you play pocket 4’s or 5’s or something like that and you are in late position and no one before you has raised, aire of players tend to limp into the pot. This is a very good opportunity to win more chips straight away.
- These tips for winning more money when playing at micro stakes will increase your profits overall quite dramatically. Have you been playing at micro stakes and not making the money you would like? Well, I know that you, like me, are only human and you will make mistakes, so I hope these tips help you increase your profits!
Just remember that micro stakes poker is about playing your opponents, not your cards.
- How would it feel to instantly know how much money you had left to gamble with, without even having to read your opponents faces? Think about what this would do for your poker profits, this quickHoldem tipsthat will increase your bankroll like crazy.
- If you follow theseHoldem tipsand combine them with the best poker strategy, you will be on your way to nose dive into $10,000 a week poker tournaments. I know this isn’t going to take you to the promised land, but it will sure be a lot more fun and you will be able to make the money you want.
- How would it feel to be able to make any size raise, gather in a ton of chips, call a st standby and double up. Think about what this would do for your poker profits right now.